There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Tagging

Graffiti is a way of living for most artist.Surviving off people buying prints, witch isn't the best business for a graffiti artist because their real art is out there in the world, not able to bring home or to go anywhere. I’m really into the more artful kind of graffiti, and some forms of so called tagging. Tagging is a way to get your name out, or to mark gang territory.Tagging first started in the 60’s, it was mostly gangs signs then, around the late 60’s Taki 183 started tagging subway trains to get his name out, shortly after others started doing the same.I think tagging can be ugly in most cases, but their are some places that allow it, sometimes the whole place is covered up by peoples names.

3 comments:

  1. I love graffiti! I think its a great way to get your art and name out there for everyone to see. I really like how informational all your posts are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love graffiti! I think its a great way to get your art and name out there for everyone to see. I really like how informational all your posts are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so colorful and vibrant! You have very interesting posts. I really like the freedom of graffiti. Its such a great way to express yourself. I wish I was good at this kind of art. My kind of art is culinary and it also allows me to express myself. I really look forward to checking your blog out in the future. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Dalai Lama Quotes